Where to Start
One of the most common questions home buyers ask is “Where do I start when deciding on a home?”
There are lots of decisions to make, starting with where to live, whether to buy or build, and what size and style of home you need.
How do I choose where to live?
Choosing where you want to live is really about choosing how you want to live.
Start by thinking about what is important to you and your family, both now and in the future. Ask yourself questions like:
Learn more about how Craigieburn compares to your ideal location.
- Do I need to be close to schools?
- Are safe parks, green open spaces and an outdoor lifestyle essential for my family?
- Do I want to make friends with neighbours and be an active part of my local community?
- Would I like to be close to a vibrant shopping precinct and essential services?
Buy or build?
Once you’ve decided on where your new home will be, you need to decide which buying or building option suits you. At Craigieburn, you have several different options, each with their own advantages.
- Buy block of land and build. This is the most flexible option, where you choose your own builder and design. You can choose one of our builders or any builder of your choice. Every part of the design and build process is up to you, which is fantastic if you have clear ideas of what you would like, but it can become overwhelming, particularly for first home buyers.
- Buy a home and land package. Here, a builder has already secured the land and prepared a home design that’s suited specifically to that block. You can generally change finishes inside and out, but not the floor plan. This helps reduce the seemingly endless decisions involved in designing a home.
- Buy an established home. Although it may have had an owner already, an established house in a young community like Craigieburn is still almost brand new. This option also gets you into your new home in Craigieburn much sooner
What style of home do I want?
Once again, deciding the style of home you want to buy or build means considering your lifestyle. Think about how you use rooms in your current home, and what will be important in your new home design.
Is a big backyard important to you, or would you prefer a low-maintenance design? Do you want large outdoor entertaining spaces which connect seamlessly with indoor areas? How do you commonly spend your time when you’re inside the home? Entertainment and media rooms are a growing trend, replacing formal dining and living areas in older-style designs.
Whatever you’re looking for, Craigieburn has plenty of options to choose from.